Well, it used to be working when I used the regular subdomain under blogspot.com. Many bloggers have reported this issue to Google but yet no acceptable answers from them. However there is a way to patch this issue.
Let's have a look how to re-produce this error.
1. Login to your Blogger Dashboard (www.blogger.com)
2. Go to Stats --> Overview of your blog
3. Click the "Don't track your own pageviews" link
4. A blue window should appear like image below and the loading icon keeps spinning
5. A while later, an error message "There was an error while fetching stats. Please reload page." prompted.
6. If you reload the page, try again, and the above message will appear again.
So, if this is the issue, how can I make my own blogger site stop tracking my computer?
1. Open a new tab on your browser while you're still logged in
2. Copy the text below and paste it on the address bar of the new tab
3. Replace "yourdomain.com" to your domain name
4. Press "Enter" and a response should be shown like below
// API callback5. Go to your home page and keep reloading the page. You will find that the pageviews counter stop incrementing (the counter is either on your home page or the dashboard).
1. This method does not fix the fundamental problem of the link
2. You need to do it on every browser of your computer
3. If you have other authors to access the blog, they have to do the same process